Connect With Us:
US HealthConnect, Inc. Web Sites - Terms and Conditions of Use
These Terms and Conditions govern the manner in which we collect, use, maintain and disclose information collected from users (“User”) of any of our websites (“Sites”). These Terms and Conditions apply to each of the Sites and all products and services offered by U.S. HealthConnect, Inc. and its affiliates.
Terms & Conditions
By accessing our Sites, you expressly agree to be bound to these Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and you further agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. You are prohibited from using or accessing our Sites if you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions. All materials contained in our Sites are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Information on our Sites
The material on our Sites consists of information intended for health care professionals. Our Sites do not provide medical advice, nor are they designed to provide information for non-health care professionals upon which any decision of any kind, medical or otherwise, should be based. Consumers and other users who are not health care providers should refer to their own health care professionals or, if appropriate, seek emergency medical care, to address their own concerns, issues, symptoms, or other questions. Health care professionals must rely upon their own clinical and professional judgment before taking any action or rendering any advice of any kind regarding information contained on our Sites. To put it more succinctly, if you are a patient or prospective patient, our Sites are not a substitute for professional medical care. If you take action or seek treatment based upon a website without consulting with a medical professional or emergency medical care, then you likely have larger issues which we cannot possibly address here or anywhere. If you are a health care professional, our Sites do not substitute for your own professional judgment and if you believe that referring to a website will somehow make a malpractice claim suddenly go away then you are deluding yourself.
Unless otherwise expressly specified, you are permitted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on our Sites for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not: modify or copy the materials; use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial); attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on our Sites; remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by US HealthConnect, Inc. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on our Sites are provided “as is”. We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on our Sites or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. Once again, the Sites are not a substitute for appropriate medical care, and there is no medical advice offered hereby.
Communications on the Sites
The Sites may utilize various methods for communications between other users, health care providers, vendors, and third parties, such as forums, chatrooms, messaging or electronic mail. These are referred to collectively as “communications.” Any and all communications on our Sites are subject to these terms and conditions. When you utilize our Sites for communications you further expressly agree as follows:
- 1. We assume no responsibility for any postings or content. We also do not vouch for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message posted. Any opinions stated are those of the individual user and not US HealthConnect, Inc.
2. Once you post something on one of our sites, you no longer own it. We may store that information; we may republish that information; we may even remove the information if in our sole discretion we believe it to be objectionable.
3. We will not permit the posting of any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, defamatory, knowingly false, inaccurate, hateful, threatening, or harassing material. Nor will we tolerate content that is invasive of a person's privacy, sexually-oriented or content which may violate any applicable laws. Any advertisements or solicitations of business are likewise prohibited. You are permitted to post links to other sites, but you may not post any material which you either do not own or do not have the express consent of the owner to use. In the event of any dispute over content, we will reveal your identity and the IP address from which your content was posted.
4. We own the content of these sites. You may not use the content on our sites commercially without our express permission. We retain any rights as a collective work or compilation under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries, and we (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have rights therein. All individual articles, videos, content and other elements comprising this site or posted by us on such sites are also copyrighted works, and we (subject to the rights of its licensors and licensees under applicable agreements, understandings and arrangements) have rights therein.
5. If you violate any provision of this Policy, we reserve the right to immediately and permanently ban you from participating in our sites, as well as notifying your service provider and any other entities involved.
6. You are solely liable and responsible for the content of your messages. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the US HealthConnect, Inc. and its affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation by you of this Agreement. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
7. No physician-patient relationship can be created via the use of the Sites. Not even a protracted chatroom dialogue or extended message thread on any of our Sites constitutes medical advice of any kind. Once again, there is no substitute for a face-to-face medical examination or emergency room visit.
8. We reserve the right to record, edit, remove any content, as well as investigate any allegation that a post does not conform to law or these terms and conditions.
Some of our Sites may contained sponsored information, or information for the placement of which a fee has been paid to US HealthConnect, Inc. If you choose to do business with any of our advertisers, you are subject to whatever contractual language, warranties, representations, or terms and conditions imposed or negotiated by and between yourself and that advertiser. Under no circumstances are we liable for any losses attributable to your transactions or relations with our advertisers.
Limitations on Damages
Although we intend to take reasonable steps to prevent the introduction of viruses, worms, “trojan horses” or other destructive materials to these sites, we do not guarantee or warrant that each such site or materials that may be downloaded from this site or network sites do not contain such destructive features. We are not liable for any damages or harm attributable to such features.
In no event shall US HealthConnect, Inc., its wholly owned subsidiaries, affiliates or suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Sites, even if we or our authorized representative have been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on our Sites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. We may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. We do not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
We reserve the right to terminate your access to our Sites for any violation of these Terms and Conditions without any prior notice to you. We may further block your machine address and/or IP address, or otherwise preclude or prevent your further participation and/or access to the Sites.
If you believe any information on the Sites violates your copyright, contact our webmaster with the following information:
a. Complete identification of work claimed to have been infringed upon;
b. Identification of the allegedly infringing material on the Sites;
c. Your contact information;
d. Your signed statement as follows:
“Under penalty of perjury, and subject to the penalties of 18 Pa. Cons. Stat. §4904 relating to unsworn falsification to authorities, the information I have provided is accurate; I am the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and my signature and/or the authorized copyright holder's signature appears below.”
Any claim relating to the Sites shall be governed by the laws of the State of Pennsylvania without regard to its conflict of law provisions, and any disputes hereunder will be venued in the Court of Common Pleas of Montgomery County, Pennsylvania or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Revision date: This document was last updated on May 1, 2013
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, order training services or materials, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Sites. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, practice name, email address, mailing address, phone number, NPI number, and credit card information. We may also collect your IP address and browser information. We will collect any other personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that doing so may prevent such Users from engaging in certain Site related activities. For instance, if a User fails to supply credit card information on one of our training sites, we may not register that User for the training.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Sites. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- - To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
- To share your information with third parties
We may share or sell information with our other companies and with third parties for marketing or other purposes.
- To send periodic emails or mail
We may use the email address and postal addresses to send User information and updates based upon the information Users provide us. We may also use email or mail to respond to User inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If a User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, that User will receive emails or mail which may include company news, updates, related product or service information, as well as information from third parties with whom we or our affiliated entities does business. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or mail, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us at the contact information provided below or on our Sites.
How we protect your information
Sharing your personal information
We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Sites or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters, surveys or direct mail. We may share your information with these third parties unless you have specifically requested to be removed from our database.
If we are: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place we may share User information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. Under such circumstances, User information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Use by Minors
Our Sites are not intended for anyone under eighteen (18) years of age. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18). If we determine that we have inadvertently collected personal information from someone under eighteen (18) years of age, we will take reasonable steps to purge this information from our database.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using our Sites, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Sites. Your continued use of the Sites following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
US HealthConnect, Inc.
500 Office Center Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Privacy Statement Addendum for California Users
U.S. HealthConnect, Inc.
500 Office Center Drive
Fort Washington, PA 19034
Revision date: This document was last updated on April 3, 2013.